Now Jubilee cancels nomination contests in all counties

0
2786

Jubilee Party nomination process has now been cancelled across the country.

Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju announced that the process has been cancelled in all counties and the party will release new dates for the nominations on Saturday.

He said the move was made after he consulted with party leaders and an agreement was reached to cancel all primaries and reschedule them for a later date for the sake of transparency and fairness.

Earlier today, he had announced that he had cancelled primaries in 16 counties namely Narok, Kajiado, Kericho, Bomet, Uasin Gishu, Trans Nzoia, Baringo, Nakuru, Elgeyo-Marakwet, Nandi, Embu, Kiambu, Murang’a, Kirinyaga and Nyeri counties.

“The new voting dates will be announced as soon as possible and we apologize to all our party members for all inconveniences. I take responsibility for the failure,” Jubilee Party secretary general Raphael Tuju told the press on Friday.

Confusion reigned at the Thika Municipal Stadium in Kiambu after shortage of nomination papers was reported.

Police lobbed teargas at the rowdy crowd forcing them to disperse temporarily.

Tuju said that so far no one had been caught with fake ballot papers but admitted that the ballot papers should have been counted one by one after they were delivered.

In most counties aspirants cancelled the primaries indefinitely as a looming shortage of ballot papers was reported.

Comments

comments