The newly announced National Resistance Movement has circulated a list of businesses which they say should be boycotted as part of their “resistance” to agents of dictatorship and fraud.
In a letter signed by Norman Mogaya in his capacity as Chief Resistance Officer, the movement says that it has been left with no choice but to use civil resistance against the State which they claim has ignored the will of the people.
The letter also identifies several businesses which they say has contributed to the “disenfranchisement” of the will of the people.
They target restaurants, financial institutions, gas stations and others.
The list includes;
- Safaricom Limited and services (including M-Pesa and M-Shwari)
- Equity Bank Limited (Banking services, investments, scholarship, etc)
- All Shell Kenya Limited business (as well as vivo Energy Kenya)
- All Total Petrol Stations
- All OiLibya petrol stations (including allifiliated restaurants – Pizza Inn, Chicken Inn, Creamy Inn, Galitos, My Shop, etc)
- All Gulf Oil petrol stations
- Britam Holdings Limited (Britam Kenya)
- Capital FM
- Nation Newspaper (All Nation newspapers)
- The Standard Newspaper
The movement said that it will be providing an additional list of names which their supporters should boycott.